???'s about cressi archimede

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nudvr

Registered
Reaction score
i recently purchased a cressi sub archimede wrist mount computer and am very happy with it. i have worn it on a handful of dives and it works great, easy to use and easy to see. the one thing i found as i was using it was once i ascended to 15 ft or so the computer switched to the safety stop but i was not done with the dive. is there a way to disable this or will it switch back to dive mode after the safety stop timer is up?

If you enter the safety stop depth, the computer displays "STOP". Going deeper than 20ft will cause the computer to re-enter the normal dive mode.

If you are going to stay shallow, the computer will clear the "STOP" display after 3 minutes.

There is no need to sit and do a SS, assuming that you are still NDL.

The manual is pretty clear on this, BTW. You may want to re-read it. I re-read mine after about 20 dives on it and it made a lot more sense than it did the first time.

Peter Doege

I just came back from diving in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and I discovered a bug with the cressi archimede while I was down there. Twice in a week of diving the cressi archimede went into error mode and twice I had to remove the battery to clear the error.

The problen occurs when you put your hand into a wet wetsuit sleeve. Apparently the wet sleeve closes the wet contacts on the computer and presses a button or two. After the computer goes into error mode you cannot dive with it because it beeps constantly as soon as you hit the water. Removing and replacing the battery clears the error condition but you loose your current decompression status though previously logged dive info is not lost.

The first time it happened I was putting on my wetsuit for the second dive and forgot to take off the wrist computer. I didn't try to push the computer through the sleeve, just started to put my hand through until I realized the computer was still on my wrist. The second time it happened I was just turning my wetsuit right side out and reached into the sleeve to pull the cuff through. Again no force was applied to push the computer through the sleeve.

Has anyone else stumbled onto this bug in the cressi archimede?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom