Sherwood Reg set parts availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craybasher

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I've just been given a Sherwood 3100 1st and 2nd stage.They are both in pretty good condition.I was going to keep them for a backup set of regs/loan set.Is it still possible to get them serviced? I understand some parts are unavailable (lexan bits,etc)but are the main serviceable items (diaphrams,seats,etc)still available to keep them going? Also when were these sold by Sherwood (how old are they)? Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
The 3000 series regulators ended production approximately 15 years ago. Depending on when your actual unit was built they could be 20 years old. We do have most of the parts still in stock and all of the essential components are in stock. It is not known how much longer these old parts are going to be available.

Sherwood Rep.

Thanks Sherwood rep.The 2nd stage serial number is 237--.Theres no marking on the 1st stage except D 80 under the wheel and 3500 at the base of the yoke connection (I know that refers to psi).Whats the recommended procedure with Sherwood 1st stages like this one when washing them after a dive because of the dry air bleed system to prevent water getting inside? Should they only be washed when pressurized or can they be soaked in warm water if the dust caps down tight?

Just go ahead and soak the regulator in fresh water with the dust cap closed. No need to have it pressurized to clean it.

Do you still want to know when it was built?

Sherwood Rep.

Nah its ok,ball parks good enough.Thanks for your advice :D

Back
Top Bottom