Best Dive Computer for Mac Users..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChefAlfred

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this web site, but I've been diving for nearly 10 years now in the Miami and Florida Keys area. I'm in the middle of updating my old dive computer but I need something that will interface with my Macbook Pro. I would prefer a console style so that it also reads my tank pressures etc.. if any of you have experience with Mac, I would greatly appreciate any insight you can provide.

Kind Regards,
Chef Alfred

If you want your pressure display on your wrist you can opt for a wireless, gas-integrated computer like the Suunto D9. Sleeker but more expensive than a console. There is at least one free program available on the ScubaBoard that will allow you to download to a Mac using a Suunto.

Agree completely with getting a Sensus Ultra. Put it in a pocket and forget about it until you get home,

If you have an Intel based Mac you can load windows onto a boot camp partition & boot into windows proper. You can also use 1 of the windows VM's available to operate your windows dive computer software while still in OSX. So you can pick the dive computer you want to dive & not the few that will work with your OS.

Anyway, that's what I do with my X1 dive uploads & software update downloads.

PS. I'm not sure, but I think the Galileo computers may be Mac aware.

Last edited:
I use MacDive on my MacBook and a Suunto Cobra which is air integrated and a Vyper which is not. I also run Suunto Dive Manager using Parallels Desktop & Windows.

Wiz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom