Ocean Rover Sulawesi Trip Report - August 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divehappy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've posted a fairly epic 7 part trip report on my Sulawesi trip on the Ocean Rover liveaboard in August 2008. The trip was meant to venture half way up the Sangihe archipelago, but bad weather meant we didn't get further than Bangka, Lembeh and Bunaken. Not really a hardship considering how great the diving is around these areas.

The trip report has a review of the Ocean Rover liveaboard itself on Page 1, and then Pages 2 to 7 are photo galleries of the amazing things I saw underwater. There is also a beautiful 10 min video shot by Peter Walker.

The trip report is here:
Ocean Rover Liveaboard: Sulawesi Trip Report, August 2008 - Part 1 | Scuba Diving Asia | Divehappy.com

If you can't be bothered to read all that, the short version is - it was brilliant! The Ocean Rover is a fantastic boat, really well set up -- it lacks a little romance perhaps, but the dive deck and camera gear areas make it heavenly to gear up and very stress free handling camera equipment.

I also wrote a trip report of a 5 day stay at NAD Lembeh resort, which was great too
NAD Lembeh Trip Report - Lembeh Strait, Indonesia - August 2008 | Scuba Diving Asia | Divehappy.com - thanks to all other SBers who have previously written trip reports about NAD - I chose the resort because of those and I wasn't disappointed.

As ever, questions and comments always welcome.

Cheers
Chris

Excellent report!
While i was in Komodo, a guide told me that the diving north of Sulawasi was excellent.

Will definately consider this LB in the future.
And i agree, NAD is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom