Freediving in Komodo video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divehappy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My talented friend Ai Futaki put together a beautiful underwater video shot while she was freediving in Komodo (I think she did some of it on scuba too, but mostly it's done while freediving).

It's 5 mins long and on YouTube - you can see it on my site along with some more info about the trip we were on:
Freediving In Komodo | Scuba Diving Asia | Divehappy.com

We did an excellent trip on the S/Y Siren in August 2008 -- trip report to follow.

Best
Chris

Beautiful ...

Scuba is supposedly an "advancement" over free diving, but watching her, I feel absolutely primitive having to be protected by layers of life support gear to dive.

thanks for the positive feedback guys -- Ai will certainly be encouraged to see it! She has a 10 minute edit as well which I think will be as good as this 5 minute version - I'll post the link when I manage to get it on YouTube.

Incidentally, the freediver featured in the video is Monica Ganame, one of Asia's best freedivers and the co-owner of Apnea Total, a freediving shop on Koh Tao. If you want to learn to freedive, she can help. I am gonna have a go next year I think - it's not half as scary as I first imagined, even for a big fat bloke like me...

Back
Top Bottom