Easy and Convenient Dive Op/Hotel in Sharm.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evilclown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
On my last dive trip (to Cozumel/PDC) I opted to stay in luxurious 5* hotel with no dive op. Hotel was great, diving was great, but the overall arrangement was too hectic.
This time around I'm going to Sharm and i'm looking primarily for convenience. I want a really good dive op, with a really convenient (on site? attached?) hotel. Spend my time diving not hauling gear or running to get to the boat on time.
I'm not really interested in partying or nightlife (i don't drink).
Just want to Dive - Rest - Repeat.
I've gone through the posts and the names that seem to come up the most is Camel Dive Club and Oonas.
Thanks!

On my last dive trip (to Cozumel/PDC) I opted to stay in luxurious 5* hotel with no dive op. Hotel was great, diving was great, but the overall arrangement was too hectic.
This time around I'm going to Sharm and i'm looking primarily for convenience. I want a really good dive op, with a really convenient (on site? attached?) hotel. Spend my time diving not hauling gear or running to get to the boat on time.
I'm not really interested in partying or nightlife (i don't drink).
Just want to Dive - Rest - Repeat.
I've gone through the posts and the names that seem to come up the most is Camel Dive Club and Oonas.
Thanks!

Well, Camel Dive would be very good choice, just don't expect 5* luxury regarding their hotel. I would suggest Hilton Dreams + Emperor Divers next door. It's very good hotel, quiet and relaxing in the centre of everything, so just 5 mins walk and you are in Naama Bay. 7 swimmings pools, beach access across the road through Hilton Fayrouz. Emperor Divers is one of the best dive op in Sharm, I used to dive with few and i always stick with them now.

Check out Divers International (5 star PADI) out of the Sofitel in Naama Bay. Both have web sites. I have dived about 30 dives with them and would recommend them to anyone. Last trip I stayed at the Hilton Fayrouz and can recommend that as well, even with a pick up by Divers International it is convenient.

We've used Camel more than once, and they always come up with the goods.

Attachments

• CamelClub.jpg
    CamelClub.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 37
Camel Dive Club is very convenient, hotel, dive centre and restaurants on site and right in the centre of Naama Bay. Have a look at their web site for details. Want any detailed info on Camel email me or send a private message.

If you want to rest, Camel Divers is not the quietest of hotels. There is a big nightclub right behind it that really kicks up all night. But it is a fun place. The rooftop bar at the hotel is terrific.
Emporer is a really goo choice, and I also Dive with Ocean College Divers. They have a good setup but you won't stay in Naama Bay. Their hotel is further north. Nice though.

got back this week from sharm(sadly). agreed don't stay at camel if you want peace and quiet. the roof bar blasts bip bip music out till late!

i dived with sinai dive club. as with all or most dive clubs in sharm they pick you up and drop you off at your hotel so no bit walkies. i think the hotels on the beach have no vehicle access so you might need to do a little walk to a pick up point

i woudn't recommend my hotel, royal plaza. russians getting bladdered all day, all night and making sure everyone can hear them all hours!

If you are looking for a laid back place, I would recommend Umbi Diving and Camp. It's not a 5* hotel, but their new bedouin style rooms are lovely, and it's right on the beach. On top of that, they have a great dive center with excellent DM's, and their own jetty, with several very well kept dive boats. You can stash your equipment in a locker right on the beach. The house reef is also pretty good, and there are several good local dives easily accessible by RIB boat, like Ras Nasrani or Ras Gamila. For longer trips, their boats go to Tiran (about 30 min away) and Ras Mo pretty much every day. It gets really quiet at night, but there are a couple of restaurants with really good - but simple - sea food. I have been there three times now, and really enjoyed it every time.

Back
Top Bottom