Vytec issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have had this Vytec for About 4 years now and it had perfromed flawlessly.

I just retruned from 14 carribean dives where the computer worked perfectly. I carry it with me when I fly and it is cushioned several times the way I carry it so not likely to be a from being dropped or anything like that. Yesterday I was diving the local lake 42F, I turned it on just before the dive as I always do and it mated just fine with the sending unit. As I entered the water and desended I checked my depth, we were only in about 6' of water but the computer had gone into sleep mode. Typically even if I forget to turn it on it will fire up as soon as it records any depth. I turned it on, it was reading zero all the way to 15' where it read 5', for the, it remained about 10' to 15' off from actual depth for the enitre dive and went into sleep again when we reached 15' My computer logged a 26 minute dive where as my buddies logged a 46 minute dive. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

The battery is fairly fresh (less than 6 months old and only 30 dives on it) and still reads as full minus one bar. I am going to change it and see if I still have the issue or not but in the mean time was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Thanks in advance

Did it read one bar at room temperature, or was that after it had been chilled down to 40 degrees?

Alternatively, have you seen the various reports here in the Computers section of ScubaBoard of a bad batch of Suunto pressure sensors? They seem to start going flaky after being successfully used for a while.

Did it read one bar at room temperature, or was that after it had been chilled down to 40 degrees?

Alternatively, have you seen the various reports here in the Computers section of ScubaBoard of a bad batch of Suunto pressure sensors? They seem to start going flaky after being successfully used for a while.
I did not see the reports. I will do a search, thanks. I did not check the battery after the dive, at the time I was a bit pre-occupied with getting into the heated trailer to change before they had to chisel me out of the dry suit, lol.

Sounds like it needs to be sent out for repair.

Thanks again

I did not see the reports. I will do a search, thanks. I did not check the battery after the dive, at the time I was a bit pre-occupied with getting into the heated trailer to change before they had to chisel me out of the dry suit, lol.

One thing you might want to try with the battery is to put the computer in the fridge for half an hour and then check how many bars. Sorry, meant to say that in the first post but got distracted by the phone. Little bit warmer than the lake, though.

One thing you might want to try with the battery is to put the computer in the fridge for half an hour and then check how many bars. Sorry, meant to say that in the first post but got distracted by the phone. Little bit warmer than the lake, though.
Great idea, I will give it a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom