Daytona/NSB Lobster Diving Coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpaceCase

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My Buddy has chartered a boat to do some lobster diving as well as spear and reef fishing. Does anybody have the "general" coordinates to the closest reef between Daytona and New Smyrna Beach? I believe it is called Party Reef.

We also have two slots open, no cost as this is all coming under a business expense. First come first given, but you need to be absolutely serious about commiting, as we do not want the seats to go empty.

You're talking about "Party Grounds" and it's about 18 miles offshore Ponce Inlet. I've dived and fished there off of my own boat.

I just sent you a PM to discuss this. Call my cell#.

Matt

It's a good spearing site, but I think there are better lobster sites further out. If you can get the weather to calm down a bit and put in some very easy east winds, you might get good viz out there now that the swells have stopped. Best of luck on your trip!

Any chance you could elaborate on the sites further out? I've not been out past about 20 miles and would love to know where I can find a lobster.

Thanks,
Matt

So when is the trip? The wife and I are going to be in Daytona for New years and wanted to get some diving in.

Any of the live bottom and ledges from 80' out to the ledge will occasionally hold bugs.The bigger concentrations will be on smaller undercut ledges as they provide better cover for the bugs from natural predators such as jewfish,turtles and nurse sharks.More popular and published areas are quickly picked over when the bugs move in.

Get over any delusion that you can ask on the net for specifics on good hunting spots,that will probly not happen.Instead get good charts of the area from local bait shops or tackle dealers and generate your own collection of honey holes.I enjoy the chase of finding good areas as much as catching and eating them.

Back
Top Bottom