Suggestions for trip in Aug 09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy077

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everybody, we're planning a trip for next August, and one idea we've had is the Red Sea, and Egypt. We've never been there, and would like to spend 10 days to two weeks, depending on cost, with maybe half that time diving, and half seeing the sights on land, around Cairo and elsewhere.
Can anyone recommend a dive operator on the red sea for 5 days to a week, and have any idea how we might get there from Cairo? If there's a bus trip for a couple days, that might hit some of the ancient stuff along the way from Cairo to the water, that would be cool!
thanks everybody!

Andy

I'm thinking of going in Fall of 2010 with a group out of Sacramento. The dive shop owners went on an "expedition" trip a few months ago. They have some links on their web page that can point you in the right direction.

Egyptian Antiquities and Red Sea Dive Trip 2009

And we have a winner! theres the idea, thanks Kgirl!

Thanks K_Girl for that link! As you may have seen from my other post, I'm trying to plan a similar trip for May 2009, but it's not easy to combine Egyptian culture and Egyptian diving (two different sides of the sea). But this gives me some ideas and has encouraged me that it IS possible!

Trish

Back
Top Bottom