Suunto Bungee - SK7 and D3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Those aren't pins (like watch pins) - its a bar and screw assembly. Some Krazy glue offers a little peace of mind, as does some KG on the knot.

But if by some unfortunate miracle the screw unthreads its self, the thing will likely sink into the blue.

I'm open - this is the best I could come up with.

Thanks -

K

I hate it when that happens.

Here is another variation. Thread bungee through the bar, tie off in a loop. Do same with other side, passing bungee through first loop to form interlocking loops. One bar fails, D-3 isn't fishfood.

Suunto D-3 (version 2)

Suunro D-3 (version 2) Detail

Thanks for the nudge....

k

Could you make two loops of bungie so each loop goes through both loops on the Suunto? Pretty similar to the SK7 set-up. This means you will keep the timer if one loop breaks. I have this on my Stinger (but that has watch pins so I am a little more cautious)

Based on your photos, Suunto seems to have made a design change to the strap attachment points.

The black bands which the bungees run under in the photos are gone and the spaces filled in. A long thin pin in a very shallow trench run through four attachment points on each strap. I seriously doubt you could get bungee under the pin.

It looks like the only option is to pierce the upper bands with a soldering iron for the bungees, and superglue the pins into place.

Back
Top Bottom