Straits of Mackinac-Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhelmy

Reaction score
Lake Michigan has a new dive site in Chicago, the "Straits of Mackinac." She was sank in early April. Is anyone else that dives in Lake Michigan excited about this new site ? It was funny reading an article in one of my local papers about this sinking. The writer was describing how coral and other marine creatures make these dive sites their home. Last time I looked in Lake Michigan, I didn't see any coral. Maybe I can find a jack-a-lope in Wyoming .

I've heard of freshwater sponges (and seen them), but I've only heard of "Freshwater coral fish" but no freshwater coral.

maybe it's something in the water LOL

... maybe it's something in the water ...
I've spent a fair amount of time in the sewage & ship canal, whatever you can imagine & a lot of things you can't can be found in there.:tease:

The Straits of Mackinac ended up being a great dive site, they did a fantastic job on the sinking. And there is coral in Lake Michigan. Years ago the Shedd Aquarium made several attemps to grow living coral and failed. The dead coral was dumped in the lake and is still there.
rhelmy:
Lake Michigan has a new dive site in Chicago, the "Straits of Mackinac." She was sank in early April. Is anyone else that dives in Lake Michigan excited about this new site ? It was funny reading an article in one of my local papers about this sinking. The writer was describing how coral and other marine creatures make these dive sites their home. Last time I looked in Lake Michigan, I didn't see any coral. Maybe I can find a jack-a-lope in Wyoming .

Back
Top Bottom