How about a new Forum for divers seeking other divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
How about a new Forum for divers seeking other divers?

I think it would be a great way to meet other dives or find diving buddies my location, interest, etc.

Moderators up for this? I think it should be separate from other threads on gear, theory, etc.

I think that the NDI club section is for that.

Go to the "Scuba Classifieds" link at the bottom of each page, and there is a "Dive Partners" section. Also try posting in the relevant Neptune Divers International forum if there is one for your area.

SD: given where you are, why don't you have a look at the Freaks forum? (Umm, the Ontario Fresh Water Freaks, that is)

Umm, AFTER you pass Chem, young man! :kitty:

Having said that - there's lots of divers who don't really "fit" into one of the NDI club regions - the PNW divers come to mind as one example. Maybe more clubs?

Cat,
Chem-Shem! ahaha, just kididng...I mean some divers CLOSER to me - near Syracuse area or like day-dives and such....Ontario is more than just an and hour or so from me, and some days I just don't have that much time...

How about a posting board for vacations - i.e. "I'm going to be on Bonaire 4/15 - looking for partners"

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Go to the "Scuba Classifieds" link at the bottom of each page, and there is a "Dive Partners" section. Also try posting in the relevant Neptune Divers International forum if there is one for your area.
Folks, read this post - there are already two places you can cruise for buddies.

You can post to see if anyone is planning a dive or wants to meet up in your area.

I'd be in favour of this forum. However, the best way is to get involved with a local "active" dive shop or club. The best way to find them is at the local dive locations. Just walk up and introduce yourself. Divers are for the most part very freindly and just as long as you are not a complete moron, or dangerous in and out of the water, in no time you will have a long list if dive buddies.

I can see the forum most useful for a diver who is traveling on vacation, and would like to visit places like Dutch Springs or similar places. A diver who is local to an area, and is on-line with this board, would be great guide. They would be able to let the visiting diver know prior to taking the trip what to expect, any special equipment needed, any restrictions, local camping recomendations and so on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom