Ats, hd100 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Nick.

I was thinking about a couple of your new BC's, the ATS and HD100 for future purchase and had a question.

I currently dive with a Seaquest Balance and use a Atomics SS1 safe second. Is the flex hose you use on the ATS and/or HD100 of the same diameter or should I say a common diameter so as to accomodate the SS1? Meaning to ask if the flex hose is newly engineered item that might be a unique size (diameter) as compared to what is used currently by most BC manufactures.

Your new BC's look good. I would like to learn more as to their design and function.

thx for your time,

Jay Emery

I need some input concerning the HOLLIS HD-100 BCD, I have seen it and like what I have seen. I currently dive with a Zeagle Ranger and find it outstanding, unfortunately it is getting a bit old and when I saw the Hollis I found it very interesting. Please advise.

thanks,

Michael
PADI OWSI

Hello Nick.

I was thinking about a couple of your new BC's, the ATS and HD100 for future purchase and had a question.

I currently dive with a Seaquest Balance and use a Atomics SS1 safe second. Is the flex hose you use on the ATS and/or HD100 of the same diameter or should I say a common diameter so as to accomodate the SS1? Meaning to ask if the flex hose is newly engineered item that might be a unique size (diameter) as compared to what is used currently by most BC manufactures.

Your new BC's look good. I would like to learn more as to their design and function.

thx for your time,

Jay Emery

Jay,

Hollis uses a 1" corrugated hose on all of our buoyancy products. Please check with the manufacturer to see whether their alternate inflator will work.

Thanks for the comments! The easiest way to learn more about our products is either via the web or by stopping by an Authorized Hollis dealer. Click this link to find the nearest one - Where To Buy Hollis Gear

If there is anything specific you are looking at, please feel free to ask.

Hope this helps.

I need some input concerning the HOLLIS HD-100 BCD, I have seen it and like what I have seen. I currently dive with a Zeagle Ranger and find it outstanding, unfortunately it is getting a bit old and when I saw the Hollis I found it very interesting. Please advise.

thanks,

Michael
PADI OWSI

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your questions. The HD-100 is our flagship bcd and is getting increasing interest from those in both the beginning and advanced recreational arena.

The bladder and harness is constructed of 1000 Denier cordura which adds a very high durability and puncture resistance compared to other materials. It comes in 4 different sizes with lift capacity up to 45 pounds making it versatile for both warm and cold water destinations. Included are 10lbs. QLR weight pockets on each side with an extra zippered pouch on the outside for anything extra. We have also included a 2" D-ring on each shoulder and several d-rings on the harness for attachment of accessories such as canister lights, drysuit inflation bottles, and more.

Hope this answers a few of your questions. For anything more, please feel free to call us directly at 510-729-5110.

Thanks,

Why did you decide not to go with the 5lb non-ditchable pockets on this model? It eliminates what would have been my next bc and an upgrade from my Excursion....

The HD100 does offer 5lbs pockets on the rear of the harness. You could be thinking of the ATS which does not.

We also offer add-on 5lbs non ditchable cylinder pouches for all bc's.

Last edited:
Nick,

I am sold on the HD100, I believe that I will test it... if all comes out the way I believe it will I will strongly recommend it to my students. Regarding the non-ditchable weight pockets... doesn't the HD100 have those standard? I am confused with Cardog's posting.

thanks,

Mike

Nick,

I am sold on the HD100, I believe that I will test it... if all comes out the way I believe it will I will strongly recommend it to my students. Regarding the non-ditchable weight pockets... doesn't the HD100 have those standard? I am confused with Cardog's posting.

thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Great to hear. Please let us know how everything goes :wink:

You are correct - HD100 does have the 5# non-ditchable pkts in the rear. The ATS does not.

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom