Looking for a low end Nx dive computer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeadCactus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I need a set of gauges and a recreational Nx capable computer . Ideally, I'd like a set of analogue gauges with a computer on a bungee wrist mount. I mention the gauges because price is an issue and if a console would be significantly cheaper, I'd go with that. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Skip the consoles, they aren't going to be any cheaper. Instead, get a decent brass/glass SPG on a 24" or 26" hose and tie a bolt snap to the end of it so you can clip it off to your left hip D-ring. Then look into a wrist mounted computer that has a bungee wrist mount made for it (I recommend the Uwatec Aladin Tec2G or the Suunto Vyper/Vytec but they won't come cheap). Everything you need for now and the future, without spending money on features you don't need or will outgrow.

I agree, you'll probably find that an SPG & a wrist computer will work better for you. It's much easier to hold up your wrist & look than to try to pick up a consol & bring it around to look at while hanging out on an anchor line or ascent line. The Suunto Gekko is a relatively inexpensive air/ nitrox wrist computer (about $275). It has most everything but a back light. To see it at night, just shine your light on it for a moment & it will glow in the dark.

Is it silly to spend money on a depth and pressure gauge rather than a just a pressure gauge? Seems like the kind of thing that it would be good to have redundancy on...

Skip the consoles, they aren't going to be any cheaper. Instead, get a decent brass/glass SPG on a 24" or 26" hose and tie a bolt snap to the end of it so you can clip it off to your left hip D-ring. Then look into a wrist mounted computer that has a bungee wrist mount made for it

I agree 100% I just upgraded from my "air integrated console" to a wrist mounted VR3 and brass SPG on a 26" hose with a bolt snap. Of course the VR3 was not cheap but there are some good value wrist air/nitrox computers.

The Cressi Archimedes 2 and gauge set of your choice.

You can also pick up a Mares M2 Nitrox comp for less than $200 new at scubatoys.....however you cant put it in a bungee mount.

DSS makes bungied mounts for the Gekko (nice computer btw) but I personally prefer the N2ition (I have used both many times so I have had time to form an opinion based on something) which is also available with a bungie mount from DSS. With some patience you should be able to get a good deal on an N2ition because zeagle is replacing it soon with the N2ition 3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom