Diving in Sharm el-Sheik

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
Please, can you advise me what is the best place in Sharm el Sheik to dive - Ras mohammed, Ras umm sid, Amphoras or Tiran? Because I will have time for just 1 or 2 dives... Thank you for your help.

In that case Ras Mohammed. Forget the Amphoras. Although doing only 2 dives there is only going to annoy you. Try to have a chance to do more dives
:D

Mania

I think it will be difficult to have only 1 dive at RasMo/Tiran- most daily boats will go there for 2 dives.

If you can spare the time for 2 dives go for RasMo- you definitely won't regret it.

Tiran is a good option, local dives are nice too- but Ras Mohammed is one of these sites that makes you feel "this is why I love to dive"...

I think you will have difficulty with just one or two dives. First you will be required to do a shore dive if you have never dived Sharm before, this is to get your weighting correct for the Red Sea. Also most operators won't take you to the well known dives unless you have at least 50 dives under your belt. (Your profile doesn't give your experience level so you may be fine but just don't be disappointed.)

If you dive Ras Mohammed you might get Ras Umm El sid on the way back home :)

like seanpaul said. if you've not dived in the past 3 months you are required to do a check dive. mine was dive 1 on a boat at a local site and if you have not logged more than 50 then you will most likely not be allowed to go to the more interesting sites as novice divers with poor bouyancy control have caused damage, also a lot of the dives are drift sometimes pretty choppy

Dazle,

I was very interested by what you and SeanPaul wrote because I loathe shore dives (when you are a petite woman, getting in and out of the water with all that gear just wipes you out). As of this summer, I have 100 logged dives, including 15 from my last dive in Egypt at Hurghada in 2004. I'm crossing my fingers I won't have to do all that check-out mess on arrival, but any tips to avoid it are welcome!

Trish

Tricia

I wouldn't worry about it. It's only about 3 skills at the beginning of the dive. mask clear, reg recovery and alternate. Handy refresher if you've not dived for a while. Don't think many do shore dives at sharm so if that's where you're heading don't worry, you'll be on a boat for the day!

Back
Top Bottom