what wings to get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ok all looking at wings .
manily wanting to dive single first then move to doubles later.
Diverite has the trek wings and the classic any others that you all can think of , I was leaning towards the trek wings/ over the classic as classic seems little to much lift for singles all though there site list them for singles and doubles any thought hear thanks

buy 2 wings. One for singles and one for doubles. You'll be alot happier in the end. When I first got a bp I was diving the trek wing with a single tank and it sucked.

Now I have a Halcyon 27# wing for single tanks and the trek wing for double Al80's and my double steel lp 85's.

medic13 once bubbled...
ok all looking at wings .
manily wanting to dive single first then move to doubles later.
Diverite has the trek wings and the classic any others that you all can think of , I was leaning towards the trek wings/ over the classic as classic seems little to much lift for singles all though there site list them for singles and doubles any thought hear thanks

The way I read it : rec and trek are for either singles or doubles.
Classic wings are for doubles only

Check Here

I like my rec wing
I also like my Halcyon wing
:D

trek wing with a single tank and it sucked.
why did they sucked what about them you didnt like and compair to the Halcyon
one is I can get the wing backplate and harness for a packaged deal for $ 300.
I cant even find the Halcyon wings for that price if I could I would go that route !!!

I have two sets also I have an OMS soft harness with a 100 double for my LP 100's and a Zeagle Ranger for my single's
Rob

medic13 once bubbled...
trek wing with a single tank and it sucked.
why did they sucked what about them you didnt like and compair to the Halcyon
one is I can get the wing backplate and harness for a packaged deal for $ 300.
I cant even find the Halcyon wings for that price if I could I would go that route !!!

It sucked because the wing was just too big for a single tank. The wing would wrap around the tank like a bun on a hotdog. Someone told me like I looked like an angel uderwater with my wings flapping in the current.

The Halcyon 27# pioneer wing is a great single tank wing and makes for a more streamlined rig.

You should be able to find a Halcyon pioneer wing for under $300. Check the different scubasites for sale sections. There is a gear exchange section at www.gue.com and also www.cavediver.net.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom