Where to dive around Cincinnati

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juls64

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My mother-in-law lives in Cincy, and we are long over due for a visit. What kind of diving is available in the immediate area (within an hour drive or so)? We aren't picky, quarries, etc are fine.

Juls

:dance:

there is always the river. Well in all seriousness the closet place i know of is probably Falling Rock Park in La Grange KY. i think there is also a resaonably close place in Indiana also but I am not positive.

best diving in OH is by far Gilboa....probably about 2 and a half hours North of cincy pending where your relatives live. That would be the best diving in OH.

There is also the Twin Quarries (between Columbus and Cincy), Blue Spring Indiana, & Hidden Paradise (Indiana/Ohio border)

http://www.quarrycommando.com/favquarries.htm

It's a good place to start. I'm not even sure how many of these quarries are still operational since I haven't even heard of many of them.

Gilboa is definitely worth the drive from Cincy. You'll have a better time up there in the summer if you go on a weekday since it's a popular training location. Students muck the vis up on the weekends but there's enough cool stuff to see that it's still fun, especially if you haven't been there before.
Early spring, fall and winter are also good times to go.

Falling Rock Park is nice but one of the more expensive sites in the area. It's rugged, no changing rooms that I've seen but the porta pottie was clean. They had a bonfire when we were there last, that was a good time especially since the owner had the sound system cranking! The quarry doesn't have an airfill station on site so keep that in mind.
Ber :bunny:

everyone for the replys. That should certainly get us started. We are interested in Gilboa but may have to do that on the drive to or from Cincy.

Thanks again.

Julie:)

Back
Top Bottom