Anilao resorts - Mayumi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjlinva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been looking into some of the nicer resorts for our week stay in Anilao, and would love to get your input. We're looking for a more upscale resort, that has a good dive op, and that's also a good value.

I've read what I could find about Anilao resorts on Scubaboard, and checked tripadvisor.com and virtualtourist.com. For the upper end resorts, it looks like it would be Solana (very positive posts; another plus is Adrien, the owner's son is supposed to be a very good macro "spotter"), Eagle Point (mixed reviews) and a newer resort called Mayumi (only a couple of posts about it but they were very positive. The most recent post I could find on this board about Mayumi mentioned that they didn't have their own compressor, tanks or rental gear - but the owners were supposed to be working on making their dive ops more convenient, and the diver who posted this didn't consider it a negative).

I also read about another Anilao resort called Crystal Blue that seems very nice, but could'nt find any posts about this resort on this board, and only a couple of comments on virtual tourist about it (they were positive though). Has anyone stayed at this resort?

I'm leaning toward Mayumi over Solana. Which would you recommend?

depends on what type of dives you want to do and if you're into macro photography.
i've stayed in crystal blue and its a very nice place. they have their own dive op with tanks and compressors there and can get you a local DM and boat. i havent stayed in mayumi so i wouldnt know. but the dive op in crystal blue said they supply mayumi with tanks for their divers. they are not exactly spitting distance to each other so i dont think that is very convenient.
if you're a photographer, then solana comes highly recommended. adrien and his DMs are all very attuned to serve the needs of photographers and they have been exploring anilao for rare critters. solana is also known for taking good care of guests topside. Adrien is a member of this board. you can pm him. his handle is chico boy.

depends on what type of dives you want to do and if you're into macro photography.
i've stayed in crystal blue and its a very nice place. they have their own dive op with tanks and compressors there and can get you a local DM and boat. i havent stayed in mayumi so i wouldnt know. but the dive op in crystal blue said they supply mayumi with tanks for their divers. they are not exactly spitting distance to each other so i dont think that is very convenient.
if you're a photographer, then solana comes highly recommended. adrien and his DMs are all very attuned to serve the needs of photographers and they have been exploring anilao for rare critters. solana is also known for taking good care of guests topside. Adrien is a member of this board. you can pm him. his handle is chico boy.

wershwie is a regular at crystal blue. she loves that place and promotes that (to me) all the time.

Haha... Glen, you're funny ;P

But yes, I am a regular at Crystal Blue, although I haven't really posted trip reports yet. We usually dive with DMs from our usual dive group, but when they're not available we're very happy with either Edgar or Elmer. Those DMs are really good spotters, too, and when you tell them that you're planning to go on a photo trip they'll tailor-fit your dive plan for better photo opportunities :)

The resort is really nice. It's small enough to make guests feel at home. It also makes mingling with other guests easy while allowing you a nice, quite corner to yourself for solitary moods. It's a bit on the high end segment among the resorts, but the rooms are very, very comfortable, the food is really good, staff are nice and efficient, and the diving is wonderful! :)

PM me if you want their contact info :)

wershwie is a regular at crystal blue. she loves that place and promotes that (to me) all the time.
wershwie's a girl!?!?! there are girls on the ppd??? :shocked:

sorry for the hijack... as you were...

Jag

wershwie's a girl!?!?! there are girls on the ppd??? :shocked:

sorry for the hijack... as you were...

Jag

Girl?!

Hija! kumusta ka na......picture please nene...:eyebrow:

you both are just tag-team-ing the whole forum. wreaking havoc as you thread! hhahha...

:popcorn:

Girl?!

Hija! kumusta ka na......picture please nene...:eyebrow:

parang barangay kapitan talaga dating mo, koya. :D

standard procedures, get barangay clearance muna sa kapitan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom