STA required for Solo Harness and S25 wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marc_Joshua

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello, I'm a an open water diver from Singapore, I've recently tried diving a Halcyon bp/w setup in a pool session where i was helping my DM out. LOVED the trim i was getting even in only about 2m of water. Was wondering if the following setup needs an STA: Hollis solo harness, S25 wing, SS backplate. I dive mainly in tropical waters around Malaysia. Cheers!

Hi Marc,

You will need STA for the current version of S25 wing because it doesn't have the slots for the Cam Bands.

The new version of S25 that was shown at DEMA has the slots; however I don't think you can get it in Singapore yet.

I think you'll find having STA is more convenient and the stability will be better... at least this is what happened to me...

If the weight is your concern, please consider getting the aluminum plate and a STA, the total weight will still be lower that a SS plate...

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot mate! Hmmm weight for me isn't mush of an issue as i use about 6 pounds of weight to get me down anyways. :) Further more i think i'd be more comfortable with an SS plate as it helps to keep my trim in check and doubles as a weight as well. Hmmm might just go for the big H in the end as they now come with STAs when u buy the setup from them. :D cheers and happy diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom