Skills to bone up on after a 10 month layoff...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okiecaver

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm getting back into the Missouri caves after a 10 month layoff. Any suggestions as to what skills to reherse ( I know, I know, ALL of them)

Dive safe
Brock

it looks like you answered your own question.

Okiecaver once bubbled...
I'm getting back into the Missouri caves after a 10 month layoff. Any suggestions as to what skills to reherse ( I know, I know, ALL of them)

Dive safe
Brock

One thing you might want to check into....my cave instructor offers a tune up class, really just a review of skills and some dives. Since the caves can be unforgiving, may want to do a tune up. Have fun in the caves and dive safe!

I practice skills like s-drills, valves drills etc in ow water, then I'll do a cavern dive or 2 until I feel my skills are where they should be for a cave dive.

WOW Brock!!! You've had a longer break than I have (6 months for me).

For me, I'm going up to Oronogo for a while just to get back in the water and build back up to carrying stages and such. I'll probably practice some OOA and just go into the 4 doors for that "cavern" feel. The main thing is bouancy and comfort. It may take me a few dives to get back in the groove.

I'm not sure how much cave stuff I'll do for a while because I just got burned out on traveling all the time.

Are you starting back in OW or headed straight for the caves? If your headed for the caves just take it slow. Remember what Chris W. talked about the the OCDA conf.

Dive safe.

Steve

yeah it was a long time but I had to take care stuff that had piled up, plus do some serious strength training (gym 5x a week at 5:30 in the am).

It all depends on the weather and conditions. If Roubidoux is decent, we'll go there and I'll do drills and practice in the upper tunnel. If not I'll backtrack to Oronogo. Either way, since Aquasports no longer pumps He, and Jackson tore out the blending station so he could install a new Bauer compressor, all I can get in OKC is nitrox. I have one set of doubles with 14/28 that I'm saving for a deeper dive if I feel like it.

When do you think you'll be going there?

Yeah, Chris Werner was excellent. I do plan on trying to make that 50 cave dives a year minimum.

Dive safe
Brock

Wendy once bubbled...
I practice skills like s-drills, valves drills etc in ow water, then I'll do a cavern dive or 2 until I feel my skills are where they should be for a cave dive.

How long have you been cave diving?

October 2000. My instructor knew I was planning on going to full cave, so he let me learn with doubles and a stage, then made sure I was going up to MO constantly to keep my skills sharp.

He'd take me on guided excursions to the back of the Upper Tunnel at Roubidoux so I'd gain confidence.

I checked my logs and I think I'm close 100 cavern/cave dives now.

Dive safe
Brock

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom