Warranty and Servicing for Sherwood Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aines

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I have a Sherwood Maximus regulator which is less than 1 year old and is malfunctioning. I want to send it back to be repaired under warranty, but I have no idea where I should send it. I can't find any information on the website.

I also have a Sherwood Gemini octo inflator, which will soon be due a service, and I have no idea where I can send this either.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Aine

Aine,

You can return it to where you purchased it and they should be able to help you. Your equipment has a 2 year warranty, and free parts for the first 2 years as well. If you have problems or questions, we are a Sherwood dealer. Feel free to PM me.

This post attracted my attention as I had similar questions, which I posted under the "Comments" section on sherwoodscuba.com. Unfortunately it has been a couple of weeks now and still no reply to the comments (or rather queries) that I posted on the sherwoodscuba website.

My questions were:
1) is the 2 year warranty for maximus reg applicable outside of the US? I am in Asia region.
2) during routine service, assuming out of warranty, how many service kits are we liable to pay for? Is there one service kit to cover both the 1st and 2nd stage, or is it one service kit for the 1st stage and another service kit for the 2nd stage.

The distributor I bought the reg set from is no longer contactable, I can only assume they have moved on...

Thanks.

See my answers below.

This post attracted my attention as I had similar questions, which I posted under the "Comments" section on sherwoodscuba.com. Unfortunately it has been a couple of weeks now and still no reply to the comments (or rather queries) that I posted on the sherwoodscuba website.

My questions were:
1) is the 2 year warranty for maximus reg applicable outside of the US? I am in Asia region.
Yes, the two year warranty is in tact regardless of where you are, as long as you have proof of purchase. Where in Asia are you located? We have representation in almost every Asian country.

2) during routine service, assuming out of warranty, how many service kits are we liable to pay for? Is there one service kit to cover both the 1st and 2nd stage, or is it one service kit for the 1st stage and another service kit for the 2nd stage. The Sherwood regulators are one of the few companies that has a single service kit for the first and second stage. Most have separate kits. There is a separate kit for the octopus.

The distributor I bought the reg set from is no longer contactable, I can only assume they have moved on...Who is the distributor that is no longer available? We can help you find someone else.

I am in Malaysia. The distributor I purchased from is Scuba Point Sdn Bhd. Their phone number is still listed in the Malaysian Yellow Pages, but when I called the listed number, there was a recorded message stating that the number has been disconnected.
On the sherwoodscuba website, I managed to get name of the distributor listed under country Malaysia, which is A&L. I will go ahead and contact them (although I did not buy from them...).
Thanks.

Contact A & L. They are our distributor there in Malaysia. They can refer you to a dealer in your area.

Sherwood Rep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom