Thoughts on the Suunto D6?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dougchartier

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm fairly new to diving (open water certified a little over a year ago, have since done around 25 dives in cold and tropical waters), but I'd like to build up my skills and dive much more frequently in the future. As one of my next steps, I want to purchase a dive computer.

With exception of its price, the Suunto D6 appears to be an attractive option. It looks like it has all the features I could possibly need for some time (e.g., enriched air, gas switching) and has a great user interface. What are your thoughts on it? And are there any other dive computers you'd recommend given my experience and aspirations?

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Doug

Welcome to the board. Search is your friend as this has been discussed before. Bottomline most find to the computer to be nice enough but do not like the digital compass and op for an analog.

Doug, you may find the D6 review from El Orans helpful ("Migrating from a Suunto Mosquito to a D6") from May 21, 2008. As a new user I can't post the URL for you here.

There appears to be lots of posts from owners of the D9 and D4, but not too much on the D6. I'd appreciate it if someone could point out other threads that I missed in my search. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom