Dixie Divers in Deerfield Beach FL????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mckinness

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking in 2 diving with DD soon, any comments on service and quality? They have some of the most reasonable prices and has been around since 86. Any thoughts?

Well, since they said they were looking into diving with DD soon, I'll answer about that. Pavan runs a good shop, and I'd say his prices are in line, if not a little on the high side for all goods and services. More towards the dive operation. The Lady Go Diver is a great boat. Both Captain Nick and Captain Bob are awesome. The boat is very large, so if you dive on a light day you will have a lot of room. If you dive on a busy day, it will be a cattle call. They hit some great sites, so check out their schedule for wrecks and or reefs. The DMs are friendly and helpful. The boat is located away from the shop by a few miles, so plan ahead accordingly. The shop is full service as well (rental, fills, gear sales, etc...)

You would have a hard time finding a better boat, but that is the case for most of the big operators in the area. If you had mentioned some others, I might steer you away, but you picked a good one.

Am planning on diving the Oriskany in april 09 would like to do a dive in destin the next day anybody have any suggestions on a good site in destin or dive shop

Cattle boat but, let you do your own profile. Lots of room on the boat.

My only complaint is when I picked up my tanks and analyzed them, I failed to notice until we were on our way out that one only had 1500....My Bad. Told the DM I knew it was my fault for missing it but, asked if he had an extra tank on board as some boats do. Told me they didn't so, I figured I would sit out the 2nd dive. My dive bud was a local and offered up his 2nd tank since I was from out of town. Next thing you know, the DM runs up.... "Whats going on here?" When we told him I was using my bud's tank, he was like "Oh! I have an extra tank down below"

When I mentioned it to the owner, he could have cared less. I won't dive with them again as I just thought that was shady. Plus, I like Boynton Beach better. :)

So, the moral of the story is, CHECK YOUR TANKS BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE SHOP!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom