Labuan Bajo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYC-Diver

Reaction score
We've finished the first half of planning our annual Indonesia trip... One week in Gili Tranawangan and we were thinking the second week in Labuan Bajo.

Any recommendations for resorts/hotel and dive operators? Anyone do the day trip to Rinca? Are the dive sites close enough that you don't spend all day out on a tank-tank trip?

Any random thoughts on Labuan Bajo.

--CB

I stayed in LB for 5 nights.
The diving is great but you do stay out most of the day. I stayed in a upper range hotel.Eco lodge . was around $80/night but was about 10 mins out of town. I would recommend just getting a cheap place in town. That way after a long day you can walk to the cafes.
Leave harbour at 7.30 ,return approx 4.30. Later if you are going to the north of the national park.
DOne the day trip to Rinca, spent an hour on the island , saw some dragons. That day we dived the middle of the NP. Diving was better in the north.(DId not manage to dive the south).
Reefseeker were very good. I will return to Komodo but i will definately do a liveaboard next time. One of the cheaper ones. Not that much to do & see in LB. Its a small place.

GT is really nice,great beach. Nice place to relax & dive at the same time

Komodo is certainly better done with a live-a-board, more sites more diving rather than day tripping out of LB. Dive Komodo run both day trips and the lower end live-a-boards, should be able to assist with accommodation etc etc as well. Diving on the North is completely different to diving in the south. It is total worth spend a few days in Horseshoe bay with excelletn sites like cannibal rock, crinoid canyon and the yellow wall of texas and if he weather and conditions are right the pinnacle just of the southern tip of Nusa Kode Island (just outside the southern entrance to the west). Most day trip boats dop nopt go down to the south regularly due to the distance from LB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom