December: Philippines or Komodo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjgoodman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok, IÃ×e got it narrowed down between Komodo/Bali or Philippines from Nov 29-Dec 21st. I will be land based for both locations.

Komodo: Con: Worried about the current given lack of experience; Weather
Pro: It's Komodo; chance to dive south komodo

Philippines: Con: Travel time, I'm living in Indo right now
Pro: Good time to go, cost, thresher and whalesharks (maybe), can do 3 dives per day

So, Komodo or Philippines?

Thanks.

since you're posting in PPD, my guess is you're already leaning towards the Philippines and just need some prodding to convince you its the way to go.

so... prod, prod, prod. we dont call it paradise for nothing. and the local DMs will treat you like a baby or a king, any way you want it.

Will the weather in the Philipines be better than in Komodo or Pulau Weh? Thanks

Everyday is gorgeous in the Philippines. <it rains in December>

Does the weather in the Philippines affect the diving more than in Indonesia?

not in my experience..

ofcourse with strong winds, you can expect a bit more waves. but i think this will only affect you while you're on the boat.

personally, i pay more attention to the moon cycles and time my trips accordingly. i heard somewhere that this has an affect on the currents.. (is that true guys?)

and ofcourse i keep an umbrella handy during dives... just in case it rains..:confused:

Million Dollar Question:

Where would you chose to dive from Nov. 29 until Dec 21? I have limited experience. On Dec 22 I must be in Makassar. Bali and R4 are not options.

What do you think?

with over three weeks, i'd dive the visayas. fly to cebu and from there you can dive mactan, moalboal and malapascua. then take a ferry to bohol and dive balicasag and cabilao. then take another ferry to dumaguete and dive dauin and apo island. you can also try sogod bay in southern leyte. search here in scubaboard. there are threads and trip reports for all those destinations here in the Philippines section.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom