Lobster Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
When are the seasons for Spiny Lobsters in Florida. Can anyway nicely send me a link please? Thanks....

A mini season is schedule for the last Thursday and Friday of July. Regular season opens August 1st to March 31st. You must have a saltwater fishing license and crayfish stamp. (In florida crayfish are lobsters). Mini season is crazy as it starts at Mid-night on the Thursday night with all the dive boats out with full compliments of divers. I've seen some weird divers, like the guy in a bluejean coveralls, tennis shoes and flippers, BC, and tickle stick. We dove to about 60 feet for 40 minutes. When I got back to the boat, he was there, but no lobsters for him. I don't think he had a light?

Regular season opens August 1st...
Make the 6 August.
The sport mini- season has floating dates (last consecutive Thursday & Friday in July) and the regular season for both commercial and recreational opens at daybreak on 6 August.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom