Fatal Depth book...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
I just finished reading the book FATAL DEPTH by Joe Haberstroh - it wasn't bad.

Anyone seeking to purchase a copy for themselves or their library PM me for details. My copy is available used, hardcover.

I just finished reading it myself. I wasn't that impressed with it.

ScoobieDooo:
I just finished reading the book FATAL DEPTH by Joe Haberstroh - it wasn't bad.

Anyone seeking to purchase a copy for themselves or their library PM me for details. My copy is available used, hardcover.

I am reading a borrowed copy. Glad I didn't pay for it. The guy who wrote it is obviously not a diver. Too many technical inconsistancies.

i tried reading through it, but stopped about halfway through. the guy is not a diver and it shows.

btw, we're reviving a thread over a year old :wink:

try Shadow Divers if you haven't read it yet. excellent.

I liked Shadow Divers. I learned quite a bit.

Number one, it will be quite some time before I ever think about going down to that wreck...

H2Andy:
i tried reading through it, but stopped about halfway through. the guy is not a diver and it shows.

btw, we're reviving a thread over a year old :wink:

I notice the thread was old. Do these things ever die? Ithnk the same guy I borrowed this one from has shadow divers as well. Someone just lent me the Real Frank Zappa book so I may diverge for a spell.

try Shadow Divers if you haven't read it yet. excellent

FATAL DEPTH by Joe Haberstroh
I'm reading it now - same stories as Deep Descent

Havn't read FATAL DEPTH, knew Haberstroh was a news paper reporter, not a diver.
Several of these books do cover some of the same stories. But they are from different view.

While I thought Last Dive was good, Deep Descent was better, and Shadow Divers was the best.

What makes these books more interesting for me, is that I have met many of the people mentioned in them.

As matter of fact, one friend was one of the "other divers" mentioned on many of the trips to the U-Who.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom