Cressi Archimedes II Simulation Program ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

giles45shop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used the simulation program on their Archimedes II? In my Advance Nitrox/Deco class, we used tables and bottom timers, but I'd like to see how my Archimedes II would react in a deco dive.

I was going to try out the simulation program on my computer, but I've never used it before so wasn't sure how it would handle a deco dive simulation.

Anyone have any experience or pointers using the simulation program, especially trying to simulate a deco dive?

Thanks,

John

I used the sim to set the computer into deco mode so I could see what would happen. It's very simple to do. I'd use the sim on the logbook software as it's bigger to read and easier to do then the wrist comp. It has a built in deco protocol so it will want you to follow that.

Thanks,

I played w/ it this morning a little to get a feel for it. I don't have a downloader or software, so I just have to do it on the wrist computer.

I did a simulated 100' dive past the NDL time as a first try. One thing I noticed was that it called for a 10' stop, which is quite a bit shallower than the 20' and 15' stops on my IANTD tables.

According to the manual, you can also do gas switch simulations, so I'm going to try that next since the dives we've been doing (cave) are typically EAN30 w/ 100% O2 deco.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom