PADI Dive Master Course Inquiry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Cool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As some of you know, I will be on vacation in Manila from Jan. 14 to Mar. 2. I already have a dive plan in place but I am also entertaining the idea of working on my DM certificate instead of doing several dive trips. Any recommendations on a good PADI shop in Manila that offers the PADI DM course and employs a known or highly recommended instructor? I already have my PADI AOW Cert with around 35 dives under my belt. I am also open to working part-time with the dive shop in exchange for a good discount on the DM course :D. I prefer a dive shop in Manila because I have a place to stay there. However, I will also consider Anilao, PG, Dumaguete, or Cebu or other areas as long as the accommodation issue can be worked out or affordable.

Phil

if you plan on basing yourself in manila you can look into scubaworld... they're an IDC and also run an anilao resort

joy and hernel (caloy can give you their contact info) are also manila based but don't own a resort (although run regular anilao trips)

other than that, basing yourself in PG would be a good option

Jag

if you plan on basing yourself in manila you can look into scubaworld... they're an IDC and also run an anilao resort

joy and hernel (caloy can give you their contact info) are also manila based but don't own a resort (although run regular anilao trips)

other than that, basing yourself in PG would be a good option

Jag

Jag,

I checked the Scubaworld website and they did not indicate offering any advance dive courses. I wil send them an email inquiry. I do like the idea that they have a resort in Anilao.

I have already sent Joy and Hernel an email inquiry. This couple seems to be quite good given that you and Caloy recommended them to me.

Going to PG may be a last option for me. I may not have a job when I get back from this trip. My boss at work already asked me to take an early leave of absence bec. there is no more work to be done. He hopes that work will pick up a bit when I return to Vancouver but given the problems of the North American economy, I doubt it. So, I am considering to continue my scuba courses instead of spending my vacation money on scuba trips. If I do lose my job, at least, I have another skill set/qualification I can use to generate income even though it does not make that much money. The important thing is that I get to dive even when I am jobless :D.

How about Tomas and his team at Diver's Network? You can PM me if you do not want to express your impressions and opinion in public. Your feedback would be highly appreciated.

Phil

even though it does not make that much money.

Phil

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm living on Krug and Caviar down here my friend. :D

ps Scuabworld definitely does the courses. But if you've got a personal rec then that sounds like a good plan. Personally I would go to PG to enjoy the atmos and get to know a few people...might help in finding work in the future if you do get canned[sorry to hear that by the way]

Caviar.....cheap skate....
We're living on prime rib, truffles, and champagne.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom