Zeagle Ranger wing on Zeagle BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coconutvee

Reaction score
I'm pondering the idea of putting my Zeagle Ranger wing on one of the new Zeagle Ranger Backplates. I do have the older style wing ( 1999). Is it worth going this route or would I be better of just kicking out the cash for a new BP/WING setup like Halcyon? What would be some of the pros and cons of going with my wing and new BP? Thanks for input.=-)

A Halcyon Pioneer wing is much nicer on a single tank than the Ranger wing because the Halcyon is designed for a single tank. It's the right size and shape.

The Ranger Bladder is designed to work with a single tank or doubles and just isn't the right demensions for a single tank.

Your Ranger has tie downs on either side of the wing to keep it from folding up when using a single tank. The wing attatches to a plate at the same attatchment points (check out the Zeagle web page) but there isn't anything to hold down the lower corners of the wing so it will flop a little. I wont however fold all the way up like other wings designed for doubles because of where it is attatched. The bottom line is that it will work but it isn't as good as it gets.

OTOH, if a guy had a Ranger but wanted to make the switch to a bp and was short on cash it might be worth thinking about. You buy the plate and use the wing you have for a while untill you can get another.

With some modifications the Ranger wing should work fine for doubles. I would, at least, get rid of the pull dump (the one on the inflator) and install a shorter inflation hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom