3mm or 5mm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never made a single dive in the Philippines with anything thicker than a 3mm.......
Most dives are made with whatever I have on at the time. You can't go wrong with a full suit of 3mm armor in the PI. Welcome and go ahead and make plans for you next trip now.....you'll be back!! :)

To be fair in PG in December the temp can be on its way down to the early 20s. If you are planning a lot of dives each day then you might want to add a hooded vest to that 3mm, or think about the 5.

In Dumaguete you should get away with it being a bit warmer, but as above, the weather and your general dive plan...as well as your amount of "personal insulation"...will effect your requirements. [Clearly BabyD is quite well insulated, as I do most of my diving in a 5mm] :)

:rofl3:Clearly.....
At my age I'll take every advantage I can get.

Duma I don't know,but PG def. 5mm!!! and hood. specially if you do 3 dives a day!

To be fair in PG in December the temp can be on its way down to the early 20s. If you are planning a lot of dives each day then you might want to add a hooded vest to that 3mm, or think about the 5.

In Dumaguete you should get away with it being a bit warmer, but as above, the weather and your general dive plan...as well as your amount of "personal insulation"...will effect your requirements. [Clearly BabyD is quite well insulated, as I do most of my diving in a 5mm] :)

I'll second this! a 5/4mm would be great. If you are fairly cold resistant, a 3mm full will be fine. If you can, err on the slightly warmer side. Getting a chill when you just spot that blue ringed octopus can ruin your day!:coffee:

do you really recommend 5mm for PG in December ? I'd hate to have to buy a new wetsuit just for one trip - especially when I've just bought a new 3mm one :D

May have to look into the hooded vest as a (cheaper) solution...

Back
Top Bottom