Dahab - Dive site by camel. Club Red

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dazle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello

Couple of q's

1. Anyone know much about getting to dive sites from Dahab by camel? Sounds adventurous and romantic! I don't think the camels would mind as they are used to it but I was wondering if anyone knows if their is much of an EAP for this. I don't fancy being tied to a camel with DCS and no o2 for a while!

2. Anyone dived with Club Red? I've not really found much out about them apart from they are chilled out(nice). I've come across a negative post because they were not happy the guide did not ask them their air when they were low. To me that's not an issue, I'm a certified diver and if I'm low on air it's my problem. The guide is a guide and a bloody good buddy if it all goes pete tong.

If you can recommend a ldc in Dahab then by all means spread the word. Not interested in these set ups that charge a fortune though that is inflated by reputation. I'm not after cowboys who do dodgy fills, cut corners or take any unnecesary risks

Thanks in advance!

D

The camel dive safaris out of Dahab are either to Ras Abou Galoum in the north or Gabr El Bint (and some sites in between Gabr El Bint and the Caves) to the south. The sites are very nice and it's an adventerous trip as you described it.

Regarding the emergency plan, all what could be done is to have a first aid kit and an oxygen kit with you. The camel's ride is around 90 minutes then the cars meet you in the Blue Hole if you're doing Abou Galoum or 1.5 KM south of the Caves if you're doing Gabr El Bint. The reputable operators consider these locations as remote so the dive plan is a bit conservative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom