Bali a short trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor

Contributor
Reaction score
Just spent a week in Bali, a beautiful island.
We stayed at Candi Beach Cottage. The staff was fantastic with the exception of the front desk who were not overlay helpful. The internet charges were a rip-off but who needs it when you are on holiday.
What we found out was that most of the restaurants in town offer a pickup and return service so we could eat at a different place every night. The Water Gardens is well worth a visit, English owner and great food, pity its not on the beach or we would stay there.

We dived with Geko Dive in Padang Bai Scuba Dive Bali Indonesia with Gekodive and my wife and I cannot thank Cynthia enough for the help she gave us. Cynthia is English with a great sense of humour, very patient, and an excellent set of eyes for spotting.
We would definitly dive with them again.

We were too late in the season for mola mola but we enjoyed diving the local sites as well as a trip up to the Liberty Wreck. Note: even in the off season this site was busy, in the high season I cannot imagine what its like.
Here are a few pictures

The wife and I

hand_by_hand_at_the_wreck.jpg

He looked as big as a VW beetle

PA294589.jpg

What a pout

PA294608.jpg

Not sure who was more surprised, probably me that he is in focus

PA294628.jpg

I just love the light in the early morning

PA314765.jpg

Could not resist it

PA284574.jpg

The scenery is just fantastic in the south, the north is like a desert in comparison

PA314760.jpg

I might post a few more pics when I get round to processing them.

Last edited:
Hello Victor, I think I recognize my fins on two of the pictures! We were the dutch couple that dived with you for one or two days.
We had a great time diving in Bali and were also very happy with Geko. I love to sea some more pictures you made. Here are a few I made at Sental.

scorpionfish_at_sental1.jpg

scorpionfish_at_sental2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom