Jon Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To connect a diver to an anchor line. In cases of current, the Jon line allows the diver to remain in place without the fatigue of holding onto the line.

You just missed a great discussion on this in the DIR forum. Unfortunately, the moderators erased all of the good discussion points so they are all gone.

Jon lines are typically deployed during decompression so that a diver can rest during decompression in current and/or swell when on an anchored site. The line it tied to the anchor line, then either held by the diver or attached the harness. The jon line absords the up and down motion of the swell and/or keeps the diver from having to fight the current. It also keeps the line less crowded at the shallower stops.

Thanks.

...but why did they censure the old thread?

Who knows.

the most frequent cause is dung-slinging primates...

I think it was more of a case of no true understanding of what purpose does the DIR forum exists (since there are two of them)

Last edited:
the most frequent cause is dung-slinging primates...

Well if offering intelligent arguments and spurring debate against what appears to be an inconsistent position from the DIR practioners falls under "dung-slinging primates" then I guess that's what it was.

But thankfully the info is gone now so nobody will be able to determine that for themselves.

Large parts of this board suffer from over-zealous moderation which quite often eliminates counter-points which is a shame.

I have another Jon Line related question.

The one I have is like a long dog leash. I loop it around the anchor line and clip it to itself and then hold on to the loop/handle at the other end. Should I be feeding it through the loop and using the clip on my chest D-ring?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom