How to clear logbook on Aladin Prime?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mountainsean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks-

I'm trying to figure out how to clear out the logbook on the Aladin Prime computer. I got the computer new, but it seems to have come with some dives already logged on it. I read the manual and don't see a way to clear out those dives (and their associated cumulative stats). I tried finding a way via SmartTRAK but no luck there either.

Anybody know the trick?

Thanks,
Sean

I believe that your dealer is the only one that can do that. As I recall they have s/w provided by Uwatec not available to the public. Although I may also be thinking of Oceanic...lol.

I've never see anything published on how to clear the log on the Aladin Prime (or on many other computers for that matter).
It's normally not an issue as the dive log is used cyclically and the dives will eventually get over-written.
Most SW logs let you "ignore" unwanted dives after the download.
If it really upsets you dump the computer in more than 6ft of water for 25 hours. The "dive" will clear out the log.

I know Oceanic/Aeris computers have a way of clearing all settings/dives....only because I did it for 2 computers I sold recently. But that doesn't really help the OP.

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll check with the dealer on it. Seems like a silly feature to leave out.

-Sean

If it really upsets you dump the computer in more than 6ft of water for 25 hours. The "dive" will clear out the log.
Not a good idea. You may send it into deco/error mode and possibly lock it up.

Uh, I spoke too quickly. The Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 2 (and Aeris AI) can be reset, but I don't see that my VT3 has the same instructions in the manual. So my assumption that because Oceanic computers are so similar that ALL could be reset is clearly not correct. We all know what happens when we ASSume.....yeah, that's me! Sorry. :(

Have you tried removing the battery for a couple hours and then re-installing it? I would guess that would work. The battery compartment is pretty accessible and idiot proof.

Tom

The manual tells you that the dives are present in the memory as part of the QC test process.

As far as I know there is no way to clear the old dives. You can clear saturation with the approriate code (designed for rental applications) but that's adifferent thing.

When you download the dives into Smarttrak the first time the dives will show up in the logbook on the PC. Just highlight and delete the dives and they will never show up in subsequent downloads. Eventually the old dives scroll off the memory stack as the computer memory fills up (about 25 hrs of dives).

The manual tells you that the dives are present in the memory as part of the QC test process.

As far as I know there is no way to clear the old dives. You can clear saturation with the approriate code (designed for rental applications) but that's adifferent thing.

When you download the dives into Smarttrak the first time the dives will show up in the logbook on the PC. Just highlight and delete the dives and they will never show up in subsequent downloads. Eventually the old dives scroll off the memory stack as the computer memory fills up (about 25 hrs of dives).

True that! Just ignore from the download and then go on with life. None of us will judge you for the dives you have not made yourself!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom