Raja Ampat - Itinerary Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTA

Reaction score
We're chartering a dive boat to Raja Ampat.

The current itinerary is as follows:

Day 1: Dampier Strait
Day 2: Arborek/Fam Islands/Melissa's Gardens
Day 3: Gam Island Passage/Hidden Bay
Day 4: Aljui Bay
Day 5: Wayag Achipelago
Day 6: Pulau Kofiau
Day 7: South East Misool Reef (Tomolol and Femenkanaan)

Not being familiar with Raja Ampat can someone comment and let me know if this sounds like a good dive itinerary (there are some non - divers on board so I don't know if this has been designed to cater to them at little). Are there any other places we should go on this trip and why in particular? I know that it would take forever to dive Raja Ampat properly, but I just wanted to get a good idea of what would be a great itinerary. Thanks!

Hi TTA, looks like you will have a complete nice adventure there :D
Sorry i can't give you information abouut Raja Ampat since i never been there, but i can give you a link to other Indonesian web forum where you might have the answer.

Here is one of them (report of diving in Raja Ampat):
kapalselam.org/trip_report/where_has_my_wobbegong/

This is another forum where you can ask to the member who had experienced there:
forumselam.com/index.php

Hope this will help,
guz

What boat? Where does it depart from & return to? Sorong? Looks like too many dive areas for a 7 day itinerary. Several great dive sites in some areas. For me this looks like lots of travel time without opportunity to spend multiple days in the best places. Go for quality water time vs cruising. Non-divers with a voice in decision making on a dive boat usually are not good for the more serious divers. All depends on your priorities. RJ is rated world class - don't short change yourself on a trip there.

We're chartering a dive boat to Raja Ampat.

The current itinerary is as follows:

Day 1: Dampier Strait
Day 2: Arborek/Fam Islands/Melissa's Gardens
Day 3: Gam Island Passage/Hidden Bay
Day 4: Aljui Bay
Day 5: Wayag Achipelago
Day 6: Pulau Kofiau
Day 7: South East Misool Reef (Tomolol and Femenkanaan)

Not being familiar with Raja Ampat can someone comment and let me know if this sounds like a good dive itinerary (there are some non - divers on board so I don't know if this has been designed to cater to them at little). Are there any other places we should go on this trip and why in particular? I know that it would take forever to dive Raja Ampat properly, but I just wanted to get a good idea of what would be a great itinerary. Thanks!

So how is this with, very adventurous to try and do in a 7 day trip unless a fast boat a lot of miles to be steamed?
For 7 days it is better to do either the north or the south, Wayag the diving is ok but best noted for the scenery.

FYI operated a live-a-abord up there for 3 years

Back
Top Bottom