What Gear Is Needed To Backup My Suunto Vytek?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swsurgeon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a life-long free diver and spearfisherman, but didn't get scuba certified until last summer. I finally got some decent income and bought my own gear so I don't have to rent. Among other things, I got a Suunto Vytek. I have a good manual tank air pressure gauge that a buddy gave me, but no manual depth gauge. Do I need one for backup? Should I disconnect the donated air pressure gauge and just buy a manual gauge with both the air pressure and depth functions in one unit?

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks for your advice. After spending all that money on the computer, I feel like I'm getting at least a little break by using the donated pressure gauge!

It's always good to have a back-up should something happen !!

If you are relatively new to diving and not necessarily going to push the big depths yet then you will probably find an inexpensive watch with a depth guage that will be a perfectly adequate backup.

I got a citizen aqualand and this is at the higher end but a neat backup.

I hate the big consoles so two wrist mounts is better in my opinion

You don´t really need a backup if you dive recreational diving...specially with no deco obligations. Of course if you feel saver with one just get it, in this case i´ll recommend you a uwatec digital gauge which is a good and cheap option. Your buddy with is the best backup will be a good help in case your computer fail.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom