Guages and computer together?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tacohandler

Reaction score
I am very new to the sport and I just purchased a bunch of gear on the internet. I went to my LDS to have it hooked up and the guy told me I don't need my guages because I have a computer. Is this true. Seems to me I would want a backup for a computer. My question is, Should I have a computer and guages both hooked up to my 1st stage? Is this overkill and a waist of money? And having the danger of blowing a hose is a concern. Thanks alot for helping me out.

kevin

an air integrated wrist computer? or are you talking about an air integrated console?

Just trying to work out why they would give you that advice.

To dive you must have something that will tell you the depth, time and air in your tank. You can get that all on a air integrated wrist computer and then you can lose the hose with the SPG on and just a transmitter on you first stage.

Hope that helps.
Jonathan

As Jonathan said you can get an air integrated computer if you want everything digital or you can get something like this:

atmos2.jpg

I use an Aeris Atmos II and its a nice alternative to an air integrated system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom