TDL won't respond to me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chipwd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an Abyss O2 analyzer and I had to replace the sensor so I bought one from TDL on-line. When it came I installed it but the sensor indicator stayed on the screen. I read the booklet that came with the analyzer and it said the indicator meant the sensor needed to be replaced.

So I contacted Joel from TDL by email and he quickly responded. I asked if he knew of any things I could try to get the sensor indicator off the display and he told me to turn the unit off and remove the sensor and then put it back in and turn it on. I did but the indicator was still there so he told me he thought the sensor was bad and he would ship me a new one.

Great service.........except it is now over a month later and still no sensor and even worse, no response to several emails to him asking what is going on.

I have purchased several things from TDL in the past without any issues and I've heard good things about them but I am severely disappointed at this point. I've even called them (no answer) and left a message on their machine but still no response.

What can I do now?
Anyone else ever had a bad experience with them?

I hate bad-mouthing someone but after 4 unanswered emails and 1 unanswered phone call and I feel like I have no where else to turn.

Wow! I just got a email response from TDL and Joel said he shipped the replacement sensor out a while ago (???)

I did not recieve it but at least I now have a response so hopefully we can this settled once and for all.

I'll update this when I get more info.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Glad to hear that it seems to get resolved. Out of curiousity, when email wasn't getting answered, why didn't you just call them instead?

I did call but only got an answering machine (see OP above) and I left them a message.

I emailed originally because Joel was very quick to respond to the first couple of emails when this whole thing started. I even tried contacting them through their website.

Anyhow, let's hope they get on the ball and get the replacement sensor out.

Ok, Joel sent me another email and said he would send me a replacement sensor. He also insists that he already sent one to my address. I have never gotten it so I don't know where it ended up.

He apologized for the lack of response blaming it first on being very busy then on his web server dumping mail without him knowing about it.

Regardless, I am happy to finally get him to respond and hope to see the replacement sensor soon.

I'll keep this thread updated.

Joel usually answers his phone. He even posts his cell phone number in his online profile on scuba forums. Joel is the most accessable diver retailer in the business.

Somehow, mentioning a problem on ScubaBoard is a SURE FIRE way of getting an extra speedy response. Hopefully it's not over-used or abused.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else but I sent at least 4 maybe 5 emails that went unanswered and as I said before I tried to call and left a message on an answering machine.

It was really puzzling since he answered the first couple of emails right away.

Anyhow, this is hopefully being taken care of now.

I don't know if posting it on SB helped or not but I did get a response AFTER my post here.

I will take Joel's word that he sent the replacement sensor and it got lost and his servers "junked" my emails so that he didn't see them.

Sometimes things just don't happen like they should.......

...and it seems to work just fine. Thank you Joel and thank you SB for helping me to "air" this out.

I don't know if it matters but the sensor I got today is a different manufacturer from the first sensor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom