Poll with only one answer....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
It is frequently asserted on this board that 'many' people that try BP/W rigs find them unaccepatable, I'd just like to see some numbers....

So, if you've ever tried a backplate/wing and think it sucked, let's hear it...

BP and wings suck for traveling in the tropics.
I took mine and hated every minute of it. This was only a week long trip.
going to buy the smallest lightest jacket style bc I can find.
I think they are only good for diving out of your car, or if you travel like a sheik.

I would think that an Al backplate with a small wing and harness would pack about as small, and be about as light, as anything else out there, right?

I absolutely despise a BP in the tropics for fun dives and for photography.
Rick

a dearth of negative reviews...

Two-and-a-half votes...(sorry LW, I can't give you full credit since you didn't actually vote YES to suckage). Altho everyone knows your stance I had to deduct points for being overly cryptic...LOL

Rick, what is it about the BP that isn't compatible with photography, just curious....

This one caught me offguard also. My BP and 36lb wing is smaller than any jacket BC out there, with the exception of the transpac.

Faye, you sure you had a BP and wings????:confused:

Back
Top Bottom