What are the current water temps? 11/21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lursxt

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,
Thinking about going out on sunday. Has anyone been diving recently in the cape ann area? If so, what was the temp at depth? thanks!

Dove Front Beach Nov 1 and got 48 degrees F down to 38', with no thermocline.

I've found the Sandy Bay Yacht Club water temp reading is a pretty good guide as to what to expect around Cape Ann, above the thermocline, at least.

Their readings have been running in the mid-40's lately.

Rockport, Massachusetts Local Weather Conditions

Dave C

Last edited:
Dave C,
Great website for current conditions. Interesting to note the 30 mph wind spike at 6:16 am. The wind is usually of greater interest than other conditions to most of us contemplating diving at Cape Ann.
Thanks for the posting.
Jim

Dave C,
Great website for current conditions. Interesting to note the 30 mph wind spike at 6:16 am. The wind is usually of greater interest than other conditions to most of us contemplating diving at Cape Ann.
Thanks for the posting.
Jim

Excellent point, thank you, too!

I usually use NOAA for wind, but I think you're right, the more specific local wind pattern could be very useful! :)

Dave C

Thanks guys. I'm thinking about switching to my heavy undergarment if the temps are in the 45deg range. Regardless, the SI is going to be chilly!

Thanks guys. I'm thinking about switching to my heavy undergarment if the temps are in the 45deg range. Regardless, the SI is going to be chilly!

Have a good dive and please post a report! Maybe that will motivate me to get back down there soon.... :)

Dave C

I will. I'm deciding between a boat dive and a shore dive. With seas expected to be 8ft, I'm leaning towards a shore dive.

I completed by dive of the polling/USS NH on Sunday (CAD). Temps were 46 at 80FSW. The seas were running about 6ft. While down on the wreck, the mooring line broke! I'll post more later.

Do tell. Must have been interesting.

I was on the infamous CAD charter night dive with 4 to 7 foot rollers that one of the divers got finger pinched between ladder and boat. Made for an interesting ride back. I heard they were able to reattach and save the finger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom