Conditions 9-15 december

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm going to Egypt (Marsa Shagra) from 9-15 december. Can someone tell me what the water temperature and the high/low air temperatures are likely to be?

thx.
R..

I was on a northern liveaboard safari from 8-16th December last year and the water temperature was around 23-24Ž°C. You are further south, so it might be a degree or so warmer, but I would imagine it will be around that sort of temperature.

On the surface, it was high 20s, even low-30s during the day, but there was a bracing wind which meant it felt bloody cold when you were in the RIB on the way back to the main boat. I used a 5mm semi-dry with a 2mm vest under and I was plenty warm in the water, but got the shivers a bit towards the end of the week when getting out of the water and into that wind.

Hope this helps a bit

Mark

A friend who is there right now reports air temperature 28 C, water 25 C. I recall from my previous stays in november/december that the wind would feel cool, and a sweater was nice after sunset.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom