Ever had an issue with a dive computer??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
From the November/December 2008 issue of Alert Diver, page 33:

Hey, computer users! Ever had an issue with your dive computer? We want to know about it.

Working together, DAN and the ScubaSTAR Network have developed a short survey. The questions involve incidents or issues involving dive computers.

How can you help? Go to Scuba STAR Network and answer several questions. We'll tabulate the results bimonthly and post them on both the DAN website and the ScubaSTAR Network site.

Thanks for helping improve dive safety.
Unfortunately I could not seem to find this survey on their website - only something about regulators.

I had an older Genesis (Oceanic) computer that short circuited under water. It didn't flood, just blinked out. After the dive I could hear something rattling around inside it.

I sent it for service and got a new one and that one started getting black spots on the LCD screen after deep dives. It continued to function but I eventually got rid of it.

my aeris atmos ai crapped out on me on saturday... first the bottom timer display was displaying 8 instead of 3, 9 instead of 4, 8 over 5, you get the idea, then the pressure gauge started doing the same... had to abort the dive after about 5 mins @ 80 ft, got to surface, took off that POS from my reg and put on a regular spg... i'll tell you one thing, im never buying oceanic/aeris again...

Back
Top Bottom