Dive internship Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gardenbug77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
HI My name is Claudia Bergeron. I'm a french canadian living in Japan.I've been diving for some years now. I just got my advanced open water in Thailand last summer. Diving is a real passion for me. I'm planning on doing an internship in Bali next spring. It's hard to find the right place. There are many options. If any of you has a good recommendation for me, I would appreciate it. I looked at two places that seem pretty good: Absolute scuba and Blue seasons. This is a great forum. It's a great place to share a passion.:blinking:

I would recommend absolute scuba.. they are professional and very friendly staff.. value for money

I deffinately recommend absolute in padangbai (sp?). Absolute is extremely professional, friendly & has good rentals if you need to borrow gear. Padangbai is a nice relaxing little bali town, a great place to chill. I took both OW and AOW with Stjein at Absolute. He's a good instructor.

Cheep rooms are available down the block at Kerti Inn! I think $4US a night for the front rooms, maybe cheaper if you stay a while? Feel free to email me if you have more questions & have fun!

HI My name is Claudia Bergeron. I'm a french canadian living in Japan.I've been diving for some years now. I just got my advanced open water in Thailand last summer. Diving is a real passion for me. I'm planning on doing an internship in Bali next spring. It's hard to find the right place. There are many options. If any of you has a good recommendation for me, I would appreciate it. I looked at two places that seem pretty good: Absolute scuba and Blue seasons. This is a great forum. It's a great place to share a passion.:blinking:

Both are equally as good as each other. you maybe able to get some cheaper accommodation in Sanur. If you are into partying and such after a days work Sanur is a much better location with lost of places to dine and drink. Padang Bai is more a village community. It is anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours drive from Sanur to Padang Bai depending on traffic/ceremonies etc.

Both are equally as good as each other. you maybe able to get some cheaper accommodation in Sanur. If you are into partying and such after a days work Sanur is a much better location with lost of places to dine and drink. Padang Bai is more a village community. It is anywhere from 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours drive from Sanur to Padang Bai depending on traffic/ceremonies etc.

True, Sanur does attract more partying tourists that are on two week holidays and it is also more impersonal.

Padang Bai is good if you want to learn more about Balinese culture, enjoy a small sea side village and get to know the locals. There there are plenty of good restaurants and after-dive bars, internet, banks, markets, temples - must be at least 50,000 people or more?? The tourist strip faces the beach where fishing boats park. There is a nice little artistic cafe at the far north end of the walk way called the Topi Inn (I think that's the Name?) Rooms will probably be cheaper at Padang Bai but Wyan is right, night life will be much better at Sanur.

Padang Bai is a little quiet somewhat tucked away peaceful gem - perfect if you just want to dive, chill and not be harrassed by multitudes of touts (there are a few, but they will become friends if you are friendly). It is the gateway for the Gilli Islands, so many young people pass through. Ubud and Sanur are not far away- if you crave something busier.

Hi,
It`s been a while since I checked this forum. I`m still trying to decide about the best place to do my internship in Bali. I found Atlantis bali too. They seem to have a more reasonable price and really friendly. Anybody had an experience with them?

Dear gardenbug77
Drop me a line or check out the websites below for details of DM internships

Hi,
I checked it out. Thank you. It looks wonderful. I heard Padang bai is really quiet and peaceful which I like a lot but there is a little problem with that: I`m coming with my boyfriend and he is a serious surfer. He says that Padang Bai is no good for him and that we should compromise about the location...Sanur would be better. So, we are looking to live in Bali for a year or at least 6 months if we have visa problems. I hope we can arrange that...We want to rent a house for a couple month so we wouldn`t use the accomodation included in the dive internship package. Anyways, I heard it is better just to go there and negociate prices in person for houses etc...
That`s what we will do.
If you have any suggestions for us or anything, please do. It`s great for me to get as much information as possible in advance.
Thank you,
Claudia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom