Dumaguete: Pura Vida or Atlantis Resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnappyTheDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning a trip for late March and am trying to decide where to stay. I think I have narrowed my choices to Pura Vida - which I think is Sea Explorers or Atlantis. Can anyone help with some information to help me make a choice?

Snappy,

dive-operation - both very good

resort - Atlantis a bit nicer

food - Atlantis a bit better (but the new PV chef undergoes intensive Training at Casablanca in Duma, by far the best chef and Restaurant here (and former chef at Atlantis), so they may catch up.

price - Pura Vida.

My recommondation would be ...... Mikes Adventure Dive-shop. He builds a new smaller resort just in the neighborhood, most will be finished by xmas, has a good operation and is an great guy... hehe now it's up to you...

cheers

Rhoody

I don't think mike's resort will be finished by christmas... in fact i'm sure of it. I live just down the beach and it looks like it's a long way off. if you want to dive with mike though, you could stay at puerto citas next door and dive with mike.

there is also El Dorado, which is a bit cheaper and has a good dive shop – Dive Society. Also I think the food is better than PV.

I haven't made it to atlantis yet... that long walk gets the better of me and i usually end up at PV or el dorado instead. perhaps next time i should take a beer for the walk... that might get me further!

hi glamourpuss,

are you familiar with the yanson beach resort in dauin? if you are, what's the closest dive resort to that one?

hi glamourpuss,

are you familiar with the yanson beach resort in dauin? if you are, what's the closest dive resort to that one?

Hi neugierig,

If it's the one I think it is with all the concrete down to the water, then the closest currently operational resort is Pura Vida - about a 5 minute walk along the beach. Mike's will be about 90secs closer when it's done.

HTH.

Matt.

Hi neugierig,

If it's the one I think it is with all the concrete down to the water, then the closest currently operational resort is Pura Vida - about a 5 minute walk along the beach. Mike's will be about 90secs closer when it's done.

HTH.

Matt.

thanks matt. yeah, thats the one with the big concrete terrace almost up to the waterline.

il be there in january, and i hope to get some diving in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom