Problem With Uwatec Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rleslie

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My Uwatec Aladin Prime is eating batteries. I put a new battery in and by the next morning it's dead. I've e-mailed Uwatec THREE times requesting instructions on where to send the computer to be fixed. They have never responded.
The closest dealer is a 4 hour drive away, so that's not really an option. Some products are great out-of-the box, but when it comes to service are less than satisfactory.

Roger

Where did you buy it from? You could ship it to them or your
local dealer. Scubapro will replace it through a dealer.
You could ship it to us and we could get you a new one, as long
as it was bought at an authorized dealer.

Sounds like a defective computer - there must be quite a demand on the battery to discharge it overnight .

I have a Uwatec Smartpro with water actived contacts. I found the battery ran down very quickly - less than two years, when it was advertized to run as long as ten years (I average 45 dives/year.) Good thing there is free lifetime battery replacement! As soon as my dive ended, I dilligently protected it by putting it into the fabric pouch. What I found was, the case Uwatec supplied would get wet from the computer and keep the computer turned on and cycling through its functions. I now don't put it into the case until it is dry and the battery has lasted three years and has 85% charge remaining.

This may not be relevant to your situation, but may help others.

My Aladding Prime battery has at least 75% power after more than 70 dives or 1.5 years. When I flooded it after about 30 dives (while still under warranty), Uwatec replaced the module at no cost, in less than 2 weeks.

We've seen this problem with some of the earlier model Primes.
The first battery last for a year or so but subsequent batteries
drain very quickly. S/P recognizes the problem and has replaced
every unit. Rleslie, try not to take it personal, they just don't
deal directly with the consumer. Try not to hold it against them.
It will be made right.

We've seen this problem with some of the earlier model Primes.
The first battery last for a year or so but subsequent batteries
drain very quickly. S/P recognizes the problem and has replaced
every unit. Rleslie, try not to take it personal, they just don't
deal directly with the consumer. Try not to hold it against them.
It will be made right.

This appears to be my situation. The first battery lasted about 20 months, but the replacements don't make it through the night.

Cdreamer - I sincerely appreciate your offer to help!!! I have e-mailed the shop (in Florida) where I purchased the computer and I'm certain that they will help me handle it.

All of my equipment is Scuba Pro. I realize that Scuba Pro is a big outfit and they may leave it to their dealers to handle warranty issues, etc.; but why the !&%# do they have a "Product Support/Contact Us" button on their web site if they have no intention of replying to a very simple question. As a business owner, I have a real problem with companies that forget that customer service is the only thing that seperates them from the competition.

Thanks Again!!!

Roger, I don't disagree with you. If you would
like I can provide you with a # for technical support.
Maybe, in your situation they will let you send it in
directly. PM me if you would like the #.

Back
Top Bottom