PADI Dive Log Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have a PDA yet, have resisted because the expense for a glorified phonebook for me wouldn't be worth it, but this software might give me a legitimate reason to buy one.

I can only imagine the flak I'd catch at work though. One guy got a PDA "Palm Pilot" for Christmas. His gift triggered the "gotta have one syndrome", so a couple of other guys went and bought them. I nicknamed them the "Rosy 'Palm' Club" as they were "hot synching" alot and beaming each other. They accused me of Palm Envy. Anyway, you get the idea.

Julie

hmm i'd still prefer to have my dives on paper.
What if it gets damaged? Then you "lose" all your dives.

I also wouldn't want to take it on a dive boat. I mean it's an expensive piece of equipment.

In the end it's up to you....I guess if you have the spare money..go for it.

I have a Palm Pilot, and you can find a lot of good software for free around the world!!! Don't pay for something that is free!!!

I use the memo pad to write down all the details that I want to record in my official log; stuff like starting psi, ending psi, etc... That way I have it when I go and download my Stinger for the rest of the info...

Then it all goes in my 'official' logbook.

I already have a PDA, and I was thinking of using the dive log software. My biggest concern was the PDA getting wet. Another thing was do I need another log?

When you sync it does automatically create a backup on your pc. There is dive log PDA software on the net for free. Some people actually sync their dive computer to the PDA. I was going to do that but they dont have a plugin for the Aeris.

memo pad is a very good device! you can download all your dive from your computer and after your holiday, sync with your PC and boooom, your dives are safe!
remember that mamo pad, the origianl, is a little bit expensive, surf the internet to find how to build your own memo pad almost for free

Sebastian once bubbled...
hmm i'd still prefer to have my dives on paper.
What if it gets damaged? Then you "lose" all your dives.

I also wouldn't want to take it on a dive boat. I mean it's an expensive piece of equipment.

In the end it's up to you....I guess if you have the spare money..go for it.

What happens if your dive log gets damaged? You lose all your dives.

Last fall, my basement flooded in some heavy rains, and my dive log got flooded too. Most of my dive info was lost, but I was able to put together a new one with most of the necessary info.

Immediately after, I got a brand new dive log. It was promptly stolen from my friend's van (!)

I just finished working on building an Access database for my dive logging. The computerized version has a lot of features the paper one doesn't.

It's easy to back up.. I have a file server and do weekly backups of my entire system. It's much easier to have a copy of an electronic log - on a cd, another computer, your pda, etc - than to have a copy of a paper log. Also, I have a Sensus Pro that keeps track of my SAC and other tidbits. I enter all this data into the database, and it creates nifty reports that show me SAC over time, cumulative bottom time, average dive time, average dive depth, temperature, etc.

That said, I still have a paper log. Got a nice little leather zipper folder from Wal Mart for like $9, bought some card stock, and printed out 5.5" x 8.5" dive log pages. Works well so far...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom