Thinking of selling my new Vytec DS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need some input, Long story but I just replaced my old Vytec with a new Vytec DS, actually the new one is on it's way to me so I have not even received it yet. I was thinking of getting a Uwatec SOL because as I age it is getting harder and harder to read the Vytec. I know the DS is a great computer but I am thinking mostly of the ability to see the larger Uwatec. I got it at a desent price (Under $900 delivered) I suppose I could sell it and pick up the one I want but it is going to run a few hundred to accomplish this.

Is it worth the effort? Any thoughts as to what I could get for new DS w/tranmitter? Anyone want to buy one? lol.

Thanks in advance

Is it worth the effort? Any thoughts as to what I could get for new DS w/tranmitter? Anyone want to buy one? lol.
Your best move here is to send it back to the vendor you bought it from and get a refund. Even if you have to pay a 10% restocking fee, your loss will be less than if you sell it.

Even if you have it in the box, unopened, unused, there is no incentive for anyone to buy it from you unless you discount the price - and discount it enough to make it worth their while. I'm thinking at least 20% less than what someone can buy it for from an actual vendor (authorized or not).

If I were you, I'd call the vendor right now, tell them you made a mistake, you need a different computer and get an RMA#. If you're lucky, they will charge no restock fee, or maybe 10%. Or better yet, let you swap it for one you want, with no fee.

FWIW, I recently bought a used Vytec w/transmitter, for $600. had 2 dives on it.

NudeDiver,

Thanks but I thought of that all ready and it will not accomplish what I would need to do in this particular case. The place I purchased from will gladly give me a credit and I could get what I want however their price on the Uwatec is far more than I can get it for on another site. My old Vytec was a great computer and I really hate to give up the reliability of a Vytec but it would be nice to have a little larger computer. If I have to take that kind of lose I will just keep it and make it work. I have a new prescription mask which helps a lot so not really a big deal. I was just thinking out loud I guess.

Thanks again

I would be interested in the transmitter pm me if you would be willing to break it up

NudeDiver,

Thanks but I thought of that all ready and it will not accomplish what I would need to do in this particular case. The place I purchased from will gladly give me a credit and I could get what I want however their price on the Uwatec is far more than I can get it for on another site. My old Vytec was a great computer and I really hate to give up the reliability of a Vytec but it would be nice to have a little larger computer. If I have to take that kind of lose I will just keep it and make it work. I have a new prescription mask which helps a lot so not really a big deal. I was just thinking out loud I guess.

Thanks again

You said you "have a new prescription mask which helps a lot so not really a big deal"...Why won't your new mask setup allow you to read the newer Vytec???....I'm guessing this computer is not made only for people under 45:blinking:........

You said you "have a new prescription mask which helps a lot so not really a big deal"...Why won't your new mask setup allow you to read the newer Vytec???....I'm guessing this computer is not made only for people under 45:blinking:........
The mask helps a lot for sure but it's not a perfect solution. A little larger display would be the icing on the cake.

I would be interested in the transmitter pm me if you would be willing to break it up
Thanks for the offer but I would prfer to keep them as a set.

If you change your mind and want to sell jrock the transmitter, I would be interested in the computer. Feel free to PM me.

...yeah, those petite, sporty looking dive watch-sized computers look great/sexy in the store...but once out in the field...in low vis...at night....'real world conditions' they're often a big mistake....that's why I just Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus 2's ( and Cochrans for my wrist-mounted units )......admittedly not quite as small/sleek/sporty as the watch-sized units.....but then again, I actually dive my computers rather than just admire how small/modern they look.

Karl

Well, the Vytec is hardly what one would call "watch sized" - it's pretty big, about the size of a hockey puck.

Back
Top Bottom