Anyone familiar with UWATEC Smart TEC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAUIwowee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Smart TEC hoseless computer to replace my Aladin TEC 2G. My TEC 2G had the ability to adjust the time of day and date. I have not found this function on the Smart TEC, even when using SmartTRAK. Is the time and date pre-set in the Smart TEC and unadjustable? When I download logged dives with SmartTRAK, will it include the date of the dive along with start and ending time like my TEC 2G did?.

I sent this question to ScubaPro/UWATEC, but thought I'd post it here also. Nothing better than info from down in the trenches.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, you have to have the computer connected. After connecting, click on the icon of a dive computer in the tool bar (dive computer settings) in there you should be able to set the time, date, etc

If that doesnt work, let me know and I will connect my computer and let you know for sure

I had SmartTRAK on with my TEC connected earlier and went to the computer settings area using the icon you mentioned. It allows me to adjust several settings, but I could not find anything relating to time and date. I'll try it again later and see if I missed anything.

I'm using the latest version of SmartTRAK version 2.0.3.01 that I downloaded from UWATEC's site. I was originally using version 1.04 that came with my TEC 2G; but when that didn't allow me to adjust the time and date on my Smart TEC, I decided to download the latest version from the website. However, I can't find where that allows adjustment either.

If it's like my Smartpro, when you dive in a differnet time zone, the dives are stored in your home time. Once you download the dives you can reset the times in the software (to the correct time zone you dove in).
Hope you understand what I just wrote, I read it a few times and I confused myself!

If it's like my Smartpro, when you dive in a differnet time zone, the dives are stored in your home time. Once you download the dives you can reset the times in the software (to the correct time zone you dove in).
Hope you understand what I just wrote, I read it a few times and I confused myself!

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I understand what your talking about. I saw in the SmartTRAK settings where you could adjust the logged time of a dive up or down when you were downloading it to compensate for dives in other time zones. I just couldn't figure out how to set the computer's base time; but now I know it does it itself. Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom