Sarasota/Bradenton spearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Nizz

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone around Sarasota or Bradenton do any spearing on a regular basis? I would be interested in knowing.

I just moved here from Australia and would love to get something together for some folks to go out of that area.I have a 24 ft wellcraft with everyhing needed to go out.My problem is not knowing anyone from the area and finding people to go

I freedive around Skyway & I've also done it a few times around 3 piers by Coquina Beach. Where do you spearfish?

I did not hink i was leagle to do that around the piers.I went to the middle grounds and some small reefs.I am planning a trip to the tortougas in march

I've only speared from boats. I've speared on the old Ringling Bridge mostly. I do have some #'s I'd like to try however I can't get there with my kayak.

I dive out of Venice, going out of the jetties. Weather permitting we are out almost every Saturday. The shooting on the ledges has been pretty decent and with the water getting colder the bigger fish will be coming in closer to shore. The vis has been hit and miss but generally not to bad. We usually limit our trips to about 12 miles offshore which puts us in about 70 ft. But this time of the year we dont have to venture more than 7 miles to get on the fish.

Back
Top Bottom